Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Proud Parent Moment


Livi's Joy School Christmas Play



So I am sure more than one of you parents out there has experienced this very moment.....

We were SO excited for Olivia's Joy School Christmas performance! She knew all the songs and practiced "Ding Dong...Ding Dong...Christmas bells are ringing" a millions times with spoons for the bells....she was ready. I dropped her off at school and came back an hour later with Grandma Packard to watch her be the cutest little innkeeper ever! But lo and behold...right when I walked in the door, she pulls off her costume, whines, and says she doesn't want to do. So after begging turned to pleading and then pleading turned to threats, and then the threats turned to bribes- she finally decided she would participate if she stood right next to Grandma.





....so Grandma was suddenly her best friend and I was her worst enemy.


After the best & most hiliarious play in the world...Livi finally started singing on the last line of the last song while sitting on my lap!


Is this worth all the effort? I hope so!

No comments: