Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm so dang proud of myself!

For those of you that really know me, you know that I don't sew, I'm not very "crafty" & in fact...I have a wonderful mother-in-law that fulfills these needs! But lo and behold....I finished a project...almost all by myself!

These are Livi's closet doors...and yes, we've been in our house for 9 months now, and finally....they are done!!!! I made them from regular curtains...and with a few new stitches, Debbie making me the cutest tie-backs, & hours and hours of hanging 8 curtain rods...I'm done ...and very proud! Is that okay?
I'm trying not to boast...I really just want my mommy to see how cute her room is now!
Just wanted to give you a little close-up to show Debbie's adorable eyelet ties!

(We don't normally have this huge chair in her room...but we have our friend Betty visiting us from Canada and staying in her room). She has cute horsie fabric with some old horse pictures of our grandpa's on both sides. One of my favorite rooms in the house!

10 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

ADORABLE!!!

Annie said...

KUDOS! It's so fun to finish projects and have them actually turn out the way you wanted them to! They're so cute!

Stephanie said...

What a CUTE idea!! You are to creative!! Did you know I copied the exact same Christmas card as you? (sorry I didn't send you one-I only got half sent out-dumb!)
I want to do those curtains in maggie's room-fun!!
BTW I would love for you and Brent to get one of my boys on the treck! Both would be AWESOME!!!
Believe it or not Bart and I are on our way to go skiing!! Finally a Get A Way-our 20year ann. was in Nov and we did nothing! Wait till your kids get older-your whole life revolves around their schedules!
Stephanie

Mo said...

Great job! 9 months is not bad, we've been in for almost 3 years, and still no road or front yard...

Lauren Howell said...

Hello Martha! Emily, those are so cute. I love them. I haven't checked your blog for a while, so I was so excited to catch up on your family. We should do something soon. I wish that 24 would come on. Darn those writers!

Peterson Family said...

You SHOULD be proud! They turned out awesome! What a great idea to dress up closet doors... Very cute!

Mechams said...

It turned out great! You've really inspired me to learn how to sew. My Mom bought me a sewing machine and I'm supposed to take a class so I can learn how to use it. Maybe you can teach me since you are now an expert!

Laura Blue said...

those tured out so cute... they are adorable and you did a great job! go em

Unknown said...

Hey Emily! I just thought that I would say a quick hello. I still think that you have a wonderful idea about the Queen Creek Symphony.
The curtains look great!

DeAnne Baum said...

Hello!
You have the cutest family ever! I found your blog and loved reading about your family. We sure do miss seeing you guys. Hope all is well and hope you don't mind if I add you to my list. This is all new to me so ours is thebaumclan.blogspot.com