Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My crazy life....

So it's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I better just give you the low down on my life! It's been CRAZY!!! (Isn't everyone's May crazy too!?)


#1
So, for starters....I'll give you the good news.........drumroll please............

Oakley got into Ben Franklin!!!!! I am SO happy! I swear I almost started crying when I heard the message! His little friends on the street, Rider Lines & Gavin VandeVoorde were already in for next year, so I'm so happy he'll get to be with them. And then I found out that Hannah (Katy's girl) & Natalie Wendelschafer got in too, so we are all so happy! I just think Oakley really needed the extra push that they give the kids so it will be a good school for him.




#2
Next item of business.....we've had our 15-year-old nephew, Bradley, living with for a couple weeks now & for a couple weeks more. It's been so fun! We really love him. Sure, there's been a few difficult moments but overall...I'm adjusting to the teenage life and enjoying getting to see this flash forward of what my life might be like in 10 years! Newell's his dad and moving to Queen Creek in a couple weeks, and his mom, Kathy, who he has lived with for 9 years in Illinois is also moving here this summer. He wanted to get started at Queen Creek High, which is why he had to live with us. But he's fun & all the girls love him, so it's hilarious!

(Bradley or "Brad" is the one on the right next to Bryan....but he looks even a little cuter now!)

#3

So the next part of my crazy life is my horribly embarrassing moment that happened today. I swear I never remember any embarrassing moments when people ask you one of the spot, but I don't think I'll be able to forget this one!

So my friend...(thank you Tracy!)....sent me (on accident) a link to join Reunion.com... so I thought, "Hey...it won't hurt...I do have my 10 year reunion coming up and then it will be easier for them to find me!" So off I went...just one little click of a button. It has one of the tricky little boxes that if you don't stop it it will ruin your life!!! No...not quite...but it did forward my invitation to join reunion.com to everyone in my whole contact list. Yes, that was 250 people, many whom I don't even know or remember why they are in there!

But let me tell you, it sure is a good way to clean up your contact list! Suddenly I got like 35 emails back telling me whose email didn't work and then..... the rush came. Yes, I had SO many calls & emails from random people. Grandpa Rob even called me since the email said "I've been trying to contact you"! He was worried that something was wrong! And then there was my urologist who wrote back saying, "Now...who is this and how do I know you!?" And then of course there was Brother Young in my bishopric saying at least he got a good laugh! And last but not least, Oakley's preschool teacher who has Slades as relatives wondering...."wait....when is the Slade reunion!?" Oh BOY!!!! I'm retarded!!! Hi Nancy LeSueur...on your mission in the Phillipines...just wanted you to keep in touch with reunion.com!

So that was part of my glorious day today...just putting out fires & I'm sure some of them aren't even started yet!

#4

Okay, last by not least is our wonderful health we are having here!

I've been sick pretty much all week. I've had a horrible sore throat & fever so I thought it was strep. But the culture was negative, so after a little research on the Internet...I think I've figured out what it is.....and may you never get it! I think it's called "herpangina"....or basically mouth blisters. I don't know where I got it but it's just wonderful blisters in my throat.

So fun times! Yes, fun times!

And then Jackson's been so sick. He just had a normal cold virus that lasted a long time and then some sleepless nights, and then all of a sudden- boom....his eardrum ruptured on Sunday. So he was happier after that but I felt so bad for him. But now he has this horrible rash that is apparently from the virus too. It is covering his whole body and is thick and red makes him feet and hands totally swollen. So it's so sad...but the doctor said there is nothing I could really give him to make it go away. So.....it's so sad. BUT....we are trying to survive!!!!

Anyway....don't mean to end on a downer...but I just wanted to document this brief glimpse into my normal everyday life!!!! Ha! And sorry if the "blisters" part grossed you out! (That's why I saved it for the end because most of you probably aren't still reading!!!) :)

Anyway...thanks for hanging on to the end..... may none of you ever get herpangina!!!

11 comments:

Annie said...

I just like that throat blisters end in "gina" haha Sorry you've been feeling so crappy, and thanks for coming to my shower despite it. I got the reunion email from you and Jill! Was hers on purpose? That's so funny. Hope your life calms down soon. Congrats to Oakley!

Jenna said...

Good news about BF.....it is the best school ever. Sad about the throat thing, it sounds nasty!!! School will be very interesting for the teacher if they all end up in the same class!!! Hopefully I won't have to see the principal on any occasions!! LOL

Lauren Howell said...

Sounds like busy times at the Slade home. Yeah for Oakley getting into Franklin. I went there in 6th grade. Go Firebirds! Sorry to hear you've been sick. No fun. And poor Jackson, I hope you all feel well soon. Let's do something when you are feeling better.

As Told By Molly said...

Yeah! Porter got in at Franklin too! He'll be in 1st, but I'm sure the boys will bump into each other. Sorry about your familys' health. Take it easy and get better soon. Oh, yeah, the renuion e-mail from you and Tracy both were a highlight of my day!

Dallan and Ashley said...

Hey Emily,

It's Ashley Cluff Schmidt. I totally feel for you with the saor throat thing. I had the worst soar throat of my life was told it was strep and given amoxcicilin which did NOTHING only to find out I had Mono and amoxcilin causes a horrible rash if given to mono patients. This was just last august. So I hope you don't have mono. And the rash for Jackson reminded me of my mono rash. Especially since kids under the age of 5 get mono the most and always misdiagnosed because it's a saor throat and sleepyness, but what child under the age of 5 isn't taking naps so they get over it quicker then most. Hope you all feel better soon! And Way to go Oakely! I can't believe Newell's kids are that old!

Amy G. said...

yes, thank you very much for reunion.com...everyone in MY contacts list also got an invite :) funny though, nobody wrote me back about it. they probably took one look, thought "amy WHO?" and pushed the delete button. Good luck putting out fires though! hee, hee.

Amy G. said...

oh by the way my sister kristi teaches music at ben franklin. she loves the school! i'll have to let her know about oakley.

Laura Blue said...

congrats on getting into BF! what a great emberassing story. that's funny. hope you are all feeling better now.

Mo said...

I guess my kids will have to be the missionaries at JBE, since all their primary friends will be at BF. ;)

Sheree and Brian Mowers said...

Wow! You do have a crazy life! I'm sorry you're not feeling good...I hope you and Oakley gets feeling better soon! And about the embarrassing moment...I thought you handled it very well. I was a little confused for a bit until the next email came out! Too funny...that is something I would totally do!

Our blog is bsmowers.blogspot.com (sorry for not leaving the address last time!)

Sheri Lee said...

That is definitely a yucky name for something in your throat! I stopped checking your blog because it had been a while... That's awesome about Oaks getting into school. I feel pretty lucky that the schools my neighborhood feeds into are great schools, so i don't have to worry about that!