Monday, August 11, 2008

I have a kindergartener!!!!

Wow...I can't believe Oakley is almost 6 and in kindergarten now!
I'm getting old! :)

He was SOOO excited...no..ecstatic about going to school! We had a count-down calendar going for a few weeks that he would cross out as soon as he woke up. The morning before school he got to meet his teacher. It started at 9, but at 6:15, he was in my room waking me up asking if we could go right now! Then we waiting in the chair in my room, quietly, til I woke up at 7:00. We were the 1st ones there and his teacher, Miss Arnold said, "Wow...you are definitely going to be the tallest one in the class!"
Then the day of school (Wed. August 6th) he just couldn't wait. Too bad he has afternoon kindergarten! I told him we could leave at 11:50, so at 11:40 he stood by the clock and waited the whole 10 minutes, announcing when each minute came. Then at 11:50 I was on the phone and he said, "Okay, Mom...I'll be in the car!" We picked Hannah & Natalie up and when we got there he just ran away from me saying "Bye Mom...bye!" But I kept saying, "I'm still here!"

Anyway...he LOVED it!!!!

4 comments:

Laura Blue said...

wow, you guys have sure been busy. looks like you are enjoying every minute of it though. that's so exciting about brent's band. i wish them luck and hope to maybe someday get the chance to see them perform. good luck with everything!

Laura Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy G. said...

that's so awesome! i can totally picture it.

Dana said...

That is hilarious! Oh, I remember those days where I was SO excited for school to start. I look back and laugh cause they sure didn't last long!