Monday, August 6, 2007

Brent's 30th!


Brent's only request for his birthday is that I actually make him a homemade cake- that's pretty sad, huh!? So (with Debbie and Katy's help), he got a yummy Hawaiian chocolate-banana cake!





It was a fun luau with yummy Hawaiian food and fun decorations. And Sheri & mom even helped me make some homemade ice cream...my favorite!




We had some Polynesian dancers come (a surprise to Brent) and it was definitely the highlight of the evening! We had Sadie Salima and her husband and friend come. They gave a wonderful performance, taught the boys the Haka, the girls how to hula, and even performed an amazing fireknife dance!

That would be me, Mindy, Katy, Annie, and Ali- trying to do the hula!

Then we ended the night with some swimming and watching a video of Brent's 30 years that my friend Lauren helped me make on a mac! I've definitely moving on with the next generations...macs, blogs, you name it!

Ali was definitely our best-dressed flower child!



And Curtis won the award for starting "Happy Birthday" more than any other time at any other party! (And everyone felt obligated to join in each time!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! I LOVE the updates! That was the BEST party ever! (I am going to steal some pictures for mine.) I love the picture of Olivia riding bareback with the sunset behind her! Darling!

Alyssa said...

Hi Emily, It's Alyssa Edwards. That party looked like so much fun!! Glad to see you guys are doing well. Catch up with us too at alyssaedwards.blogspot. I'm adding you to our friends and family list! Talk to you soon!

Peterson Family said...

Hey Emily, I came across your site from Cindy's! Looks like you are all doing well. Cute pic's!! Check out our family blog at azpetersons.blogspot.com

Talk to you soon, that little Jackson looks so much like Oakley!! They are all so cute... and growing way to fast!

-Alissa