Friday, September 5, 2008

A good cause...

Hi everyone....

So I'm sure most of you have heard about this story, but I thought I should do my part to spread the word. Two of my friends, Christian & Stephanie Nielson (he is my sister-in-law's brother), were in a horrible plane crash a couple weeks ago where they were burned. Christian had 30% burns & Stephanie's were 80% and she is still in critical condition. They will be in the burn center for month & months with many many surgeries (which their insurance won't cover because it is "cosmetic"). They have 4 little kids too. It's been so horrible.

You can check out my button to the right (c jane)...that's Stephanie's sister's blog.

There has been so many acts of love & kindness, but here is one thing you might like.

They are hosting a benefit concert in their behalf...tickets are free...they are just asking for some donations.


It's next Wednesday, September 10th at the Mesa High Auditorium. (I know it's the night before Brent's concert!) But hey...it's free! And my fellow friend & neighbor (who is also Christian's 1st cousin) Aaron Ballard will be singing there too...so it will be great!

2 comments:

Mo said...

It's amazing watching so many people reach out and be so generous. Brings back your faith in people a bit, doesn't it!

They're also having a craft show with a raffle donating to their recovery funds. I'll have a booth there with prizes for the raffle. ;)

Annie said...

My cousin, Ricky, is also singing at it. I'll be home that week, but I don't think I can go. I am so amazed by this story. I check Cjane a few times a day for updates.