Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kids say (& do) the darndest things!

So Livi is a crack-up! She's really into bodily parts lately...as you can tell. She found these the other day (not part of my normal wear...) and once she asked me to put them on, said, "Hey...now I'm a mommy!" Maybe I should stop taking showers with her!? And then 2 nights ago at cousin Bradley's football game we were walking in behind a rather big gal.

Olivia had to say (loud enough that she might have heard us), "Why does that girl have such a big bum?!" To which I hushed her very quickly!

Then as she was contiplating on the subject later that night, she said, "If we drink a lot of water then we won't have big bums, right!?" Yes...Livi...you are exactly right!

Such a smart girl!

And this is Jack's new FAVORITE thing! He is obsessed with water....always turning on my bath, etc. So this is perfect....while I do the dishes in the other sink, he sits here & loves it!

And my mom said she would do the same thing with me!


And Oakley is just crazy!!!! (Or Brent is I guess!) Oakley helped Daddy out while he's working on re-roofing my parent's house. Pretty view of the back yard- huh?



9 comments:

Jenna said...

Livi that is funny!!! Denim turns the bath on like 50 times a day.....no wonder my water bill is so much!!! Oakley, my boys are on the roof all the time too with their Dad!!! And Em-you look twig skinny!

Krystall said...

That's too funny about Jack! I love those old pictures of you Emily! :)

Annie said...

That's great with the old baby pics of you. The picture of Oakley on your parents roof brought on a flood of memories. I spent a lot of time in that backyard!

Unknown said...

A lot of time in the backyard, yes...but how much time on that roof! Brent is putting on a new roof? What a project, but it needs it bad. Very cute update. I love Livy's comments. So funny! Jack loves water- Callin loves water. It is so funny how they are totally in the same phases.

Sheri Lee said...

Oh, that is great! And I drink a lot of water, but my bum is still big! Make sure she knows it is not an exact science!

Mo said...

I love kids straight up honesty. It's embarassing, yes, but hilarious when you look back. Cute sink pics!

Heidi said...

Love the coconut boobies! We miss you guys!

Peterson Family said...

Suuuuuure... we believe that Livi did NOT get the cocnut bra idea from watching you wear it. :)

Don't you just love kids' blatent honesty... especially when it involves other around you! That is too funny. :)

Melody said...

Your kids sure are cuties-- they look just like you! I love the pics of Jack in the sink; great idea!