Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oakley = Sports ....okay, and Academics

Wow....Oakley is a freak about sports...hmmmm....I wonder where he got that!?

The other day (on his 1st day of soccer practice), I walked into his room to see this....


What's so hilarious is that Brent did the EXACT same thing when he was that old too. Except Debbie said he also layed out a piece of gum with his uniform! :)



And today he had his 1st game and they won 4-1.....he was so happy!!!


And then I was in Walmart the other day, just walking down an isle, when a man dressed in head to toe Pittsburg Steelers clothes walked by.

Then Oakley says, loud even for him to hear, "How could you be a Steelers fan!?" Oh man, the guy was laughing just as hard as I was! I don't know how he knew that!


I mean...come on! This kid wakes up every morning before all of us and turns on Brent's DVR football or basketball games from the night before, just to rewatch them and ask us, "Whose the bad team?" or "Who do you want to win?" then he'll cheer for the other team!


AND.....he is amazing at school!


I am so proud that I just have to boast a little.....Oakley got chosen for Student of Month for the 2nd time this year at Ben Franklin! The 1st month was for Music and then December was for his class with Miss Arnold. He makes me so dang proud!!!!

9 comments:

Mo said...

Wow, that is amazing organization right there! I think my kids would throw it all a pile! :) Congrats on his academics, too!

Krystall said...

Great job Oakley! That's too funny about cheering for the other team- I remember Duerk (my little brother) would do that sometimes- just because! :)

Amy G. said...

congrats oakley! oh that all our boys could be so responsible!

Unknown said...

What a boy! I am watching for the
"sport blood" in Cal that all boys seen to have. There is a love of balls...but I have no oakley yet! That is so funny! He is such a smart, handsome boy!

Jenna said...

I like the new posts. The one of Jackson is super cute and creative. Yeah I saw Oakley's name twice for Student of the Month. That is amazing. Scout has only gotten it once, and he always has had straight A's since Kindergarten. But I think it's other things they do as well, which means Oakley must have a lot of good traits!

As Told By Molly said...

Wow! I had so much to catch up on with you guys! First off, thanks for the adorable postcard-Christmas card. I am logging that idea away for another year. ;) You're looking great, and I can't believe how tall Oakley is getting.
Maybe now that our wards' meeting times overlap, we'll bump into eachother in the halls? Well, until then I will have to return here more often.

BTW, I changed our blogger address to astoldbymolly.blogspot.com - Come on over!

Sheri Lee said...

Way to go Oaks! I think it is the cutest thing that he wants to be just like Brent! The pics from your previous post are fabulous also!

Peterson Family said...

Go Oakley!!

That is too cute about Brent laying out a piece of gum too!! :)

The Shepherd Family said...

Hi Emily,
It is so fun to find you on here. I found you through Aimee's blog. My boys have done just about the same thing for all their different sports. I love it! I will keep tabs on your cute family now! Thanks for posting!
Love,
Julie