Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My friend needs HELP...

Hi everyone....


You may have heard, and you may know him, but one of my dearest friends, who is like a son to me....Lorin Merkley....is enduring through cancer right now, and all the trials that come with that. He was my "son" on our stake youth trek back in March of this year, where we came to love him and care so much for him. He was all ready to go on his mission when he found out about his cancer.

He has been fighting cancer for a couple months now and his family is in need of help.


They are selling Gold Canyon candles (which I know we all LOVE) to raise money for his medical bills. If they raise $2500 by November 22nd, they will give half of it to the Merkley's, who desperately need it.


So PLEASE....this is a good cause, and it's a wonderful time of year to buy one of these wonderful candles- for yourself or for a Christmas present.


You can see more at Lorin's blog ....... http://www.lorinmerkley.blogspot.com/


Or you can order directly through Josie Penrod at penrodfam@yahoo.com or 987-3210.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Brent with Lorin on the far right

3 comments:

Keller Clan Mom said...

Hey I would like to order. If you have any info, bring it to family dinner tomorrow. Or remind me about it later. aim

Unknown said...

Your new picture is gorgeous! I love the field! I sent you the check today in the mail. There is also a "flat Swayer" you get to host for a while. I forgot my tape when I went to mail it. Will you tape the pictures to the paper I included. Thanks!

Nicho and Stace said...

So sad to hear about your "son." I love your family picture!